- Advising county water resource districts
- Advising rural water systems
- Formation and financing of legal drains
- Eminent domain, easement and right of way
- Disputes among water users
The law firm is recognized throughout the State of North Dakota in the practice of water law. It represents several water resource districts, and rural water systems, consults with numerous attorneys who represent water districts, and represents the State of North Dakota in water problems involving multi-state parties. Ohnstad Twichell attorneys help clients develop, construct, and permanently finance water projects of every nature, and the attorneys prepare, present and defend claims in state and federal courts throughout North Dakota. Several attorneys in the firm have served as officers and directors of state-wide water associations, all dealing with the development of water resources in North Dakota.