Dave Wanner joined the Ohnstad Twichell law firm in 1977. He focuses his practice in real estate, probate, estate
planning and some business/corporate work.
- Drafting real estate documents including title opinions, title insurance, warranty deeds, contracts
- Drafting and administering trusts and estates
- Gift, estate, and income tax planning
- Charitable planning
- Compiling gift, estate, and income tax returns
- Drafting petitions to modify and terminate trusts
- Administering land sales
Undergraduate: North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND – B.S. in History and Political Science
Law School: University of North Dakota School of Law, with distinction. He was in the Order of the Coif, Phi Alpha
Delta Outstanding Scholastic Achievement Award, and the Board of Editors of the Law Review.
Licensed to practice in North Dakota and also in federal court.
Two highlights of Dave Wanner’s career were working in Washington, DC, on an ICC case during Watergate hearings
and proceedings, and serving on the ND Title Standards Committee.
Other Honors and Distinctions:
- Best Lawyers in America a number of times for real estate law and trusts and estates, including Best Lawyers’
2014 Fargo Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year
- Former member of the Lions Club and Chair Person
- Knights of Columbus Member
- Former Chairman of Real Property, Probate and Trust Section of the North Dakota Bar Association
- Title Standards Committee Member for the North Dakota State Bar Association
Throughout the years, Dave Wanner has presented many CLE topics to area business entities.
Dave Wanner is married to Diane. They have two adult daughters and two beautiful grandchildren. Dave enjoys golfing
and spending time at the lake. He said it is best to allow Marshall to have all the fun at events.