Jacob joined Ohnstad Twichell in 2013. Born and raised in Bismarck, he attended the University of North Dakota, where he obtained his accounting and law degrees. Jacob is licensed in North Dakota and Minnesota.
Working with our firm’s attorneys and staff, Jacob strives to understand each client’s unique needs. He practices in the areas of estate planning and administration. Jacob provides estate planning and tax planning services to business owners, with an emphasis on their family, community, and philanthropic goals. He regularly represents personal representatives and trustees after the loss of a loved one and helps to administer trusts and estates in the most efficient manner possible.
Jacob is active in the professional community, is a frequent speaker at estate planning seminars, and serves in leadership roles with several nonprofit organizations. He has experience as a lobbyist and has drafted and advocated for improvements to trust and estate laws.
- University of North Dakota School of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude
- University of North Dakota, Bachelor of Accountancy, magna cum laude
- Licensed to practice law in North Dakota and Minnesota.
Fellow, American Bar Association Section of Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law
Super Lawyers Great Plains Rising Star – 2018
- Director, Red River Valley Estate Planning Council Board of Directors
- Committee Member, FM Area Foundation Development Committee
- Committee Member, Legislation Committee of the Probate and Trust Law Section, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Member, WealthCounsel