Keven Kercher joined Ohnstad Twichell as an associate attorney in December 2014. Keven concentrates his practice in the areas of estate planning, probate/estate administration, business law, elder law, and Veteran issues. As part of estate planning practice, he prepares wills, trusts, health care directives, living wills, and financial powers of attorney. He also assists client with nursing home, medical assistance, and guardianship/conservator issues. His business law practice consists of helping clients with their business needs from start to finish including business formation (e.g. establishing limited liability companies, partnerships, and corporations), business operations (contract creation and review), and business succession (e.g. gifting interests, sale agreements, etc).
Undergraduate – United States Military Academy, West Point, New York
Undergraduate – University of Missouri-Rolla, Rolla, Missouri
Law School: University of North Dakota School of Law, top 5%
Licensed to practice in North Dakota and Minnesota state courts.
Externship at Fort Riley, Kansas, each summer working in a military legal office.
Highlights of Legal Experience:
- Spent over 10 years as a Judge Advocate General (military lawyer) advising government officials and
soldiers on a wide range of legal issues in the Army throughout the United States and overseas
- Member of West Fargo Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Member of Red River Valley Estate Planning Council
- Member of Cass County Bar Association
- Member of North Dakota and Minnesota State Bar Associations
- Member of Faith Lutheran Church in West Fargo, North Dakota
Noteworthy Publications or Presentations:
- Authored article published in North Dakota Law Review, 2001, Volume 77, “Criminal Law – Search
and Seizure: The Investigative Stop: What Happens When We Run? Illinois v. Wardlow, 528 U.S. 119
- Authored article published in Military Law Review, Summer 2006, Volume 188, “Time for Another
- Haircut: A Re-Look at the Use of Hair Sample Testing for Drug Use in the Military.”
Other Honors and Distinctions:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Environmental Science
- Masters of Science Degree in Engineering Management
- LLM in Military Law
- Retired Lieutenant Colonel, U.S. Army
Keven loves the outdoors – fishing, hiking, and hunting. Keven and his wife Sara met at a lake in Minnesota
in high school. Their youngest daughter attends Liberty Middle School in West Fargo; and their other
daughter is active at Sheyenne High School with drama, choir and band.