Bob Hoy concentrates his practice in the areas of civil and criminal litigation. He joined Ohnstad Twichell in 1991 and was named shareholder in 1992.
Undergraduate: Michigan Technological University – Business Administration, with honors
Law School: University of North Dakota School of Law
Law School Honors: Order of Barristers; North Dakota Law Review, Business Manager
Licensed: North Dakota and Minnesota state and federal courts, Eighth Circuit court of Appeals, U.S. Supreme Court
Highlights of career: Cass County State’s Attorney, Fargo, North Dakota, 1981 to 1990 (appointed 1981, elected 1982, re-elected 1986)
- Member, Joint Procedure Committee of North Dakota Supreme Court (2010 to 2017)
- Member, State Bar Association of North Dakota
- Member, American Association of Justice
- Member, North Dakota Association of Justice
- Member, North Dakota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Noteworthy Publications or Presentations:
- Note: Internal Revenue Form 1040 and the Fifth Amendment: Self-Reporting or Self-Incrimination, The Taxpayer’s Dilemma, 54 N.D.L.Rev_213 (1977)
- Great Plains Super Lawyer (2009 to date)
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rating
Bob and his wife Sandy have three adult children. He enjoys hunting, fishing, grandchildren, and “making sawdust” in his woodshop when time allows.