Protecting Our Clients’ Energy Interests
Wind and solar are getting much cheaper. For this reason, any individual or entity facing issues that touch on energy laws should secure the counsel and legal assistance of an experienced team of attorneys with a reputation for sophisticated legal solutions.
At Ohnstad Twichell, P.C., we have earned a strong reputation as a sophisticated legal team handling a range of complex energy law matters for clients in North Dakota and Minnesota. Since 1939, we have built the trust of our clients and the community. We understand the importance of energy and the high stakes that these cases present. Our attorneys know how to protect your interests.
Comprehensive Energy Law Representation
Our lawyers understand the unique complications and challenges presented when energy rights and compliance issues come into play.
We handle energy law matters in legal contexts that include:
- Business compliance: Our legal team represents businesses of all sizes and types in energy law matters that include compliance issues, land use and zoning, energy rights and contracts.
- Municipal and government representation: Oil and gas leases, saltwater disposal, solar and wind leases, property subject to wind easements, and transfer of mineral rights.
- Property and real estate law
- Family law: Disputes over possession of rights can arise when dividing assets in divorce..
- Estate planning: Transferring mineral interests in an estate plan requires particular consideration. Our lawyers help clients pass these properties to future generations as part of their comprehensive estate plans, which can include wills, trusts and living transfers. We can help you create a strategy that will transfer your assets efficiently.
These are just a few of the essential legal areas that involve energy law. Our large, multipractice legal team has the resources needed to cover all the areas in which energy law matters can arise. We know how to spot these issues and how to help our clients steer clear of potential legal problems.
In addition to our transactional representation and counsel in energy law matters, we also handle energy law litigation and dispute resolution. We know how to obtain favorable results for our clients efficiently, both in the courtroom and at the negotiating table.
Contact Ohnstad Twichell
There is a lot at stake when it comes to energy law. Work with our trusted team of energy law attorneys by emailing us or by calling the office location closest to you. We serve clients in North Dakota and Minnesota.